Cancellation, Failed to Attend and Short Notice Cancellation Policy
Choimes Dental is a small, personable business aiming to provide quality service at an affordable price. One way of achieving this is by efficient use of appointment time and staff. When you make an appointment that time is reserved exclusively for you. We do not double book patients; we schedule appointments for one patient, dedicating our resources to that patient for that time slot. A missed appointment or short notice cancellation represent a cost to us and scheduling problems for other patients wanting to book. Due to the difficulties of filling last minute cancellations we require 24 hours notice.
Our front desk staff will aim to place a courtesy reminder call or SMS to you prior to your appointment. Please advise us as soon as possible if you need to rearrange an appointment so that we can offer your time to someone who is in urgent need of dental care. As we turn away other patients to hold your appointment time, any missed or short notice cancelled appointment will attract a cancellation fee.
Choimes Dental has introduced the following cancellation policy.
- You will receive a reminder call or SMS more than 24 hours before your appointment*. Firstly, please read the text to confirm the date and time, then please respond either by calling or replying to the SMS.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling or cancelling appointments with MORE than 24 hours notice is absolutely fine and we will be more than accommodating.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling or cancelling appointments with LESS than 24 hours notice may incur a fee*.
- If you wish to make a second booking then we may require an appointment holding fee which, if you attend, will be taken off your cost of treatment.
- We may also reserve the right to charge the cost of the treatment upfront before making another appointment. This is only if there have been several cancellations. We would hope that it never comes to this.
- Procedures that require long appointments, may require a 50% deposit at the time of booking.
*Please bear in mind that if you do not receive a SMS or phone call, your appointment remains your responsibility for you to attend or reschedule with more than 24 hours notice
*If you need to cancel your appointment within 24 hours due to illness, we will gladly reschedule your appointment and waive the cancellation fee.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding